Wake up your Holiday with Javatino
Traditional Thanksgiving plans might have been upended this year, but as we have learned to do with so many other challenges…just pivot! Put a different twist on the holiday by incorporating some new and fun traditions to celebrate the day.
Why not treat your family to a coffee and pie sampling on the patio. Turkey day? The perfect time to try out a Turkish Coffee recipe! ☺ This will not only bring a smile, but it’s guaranteed to keep you energized for football or movie marathons. Add a tasty slice of one of our coffee-infused pies and you’ll be ready for whatever else comes your way this holiday.
You don’t need a special Turkish coffee pot, just a small saucepan to create this rich and delicious coffee. Start with freshly ground coffee – we recommend a dark roast such as Javatino Cuba Joe’s Espresso or French Roast. Gently combine coffee grounds with cold, filtered water – one cup water to two teaspoons ground coffee per cup. Add one to two teaspoons sugar for desired sweetness prior to cooking.
Cook the combined ingredients on the lowest heat, stirring until they start to foam. Remove just before boiling and transfer the coffee foam into cups. Reheat the remaining coffee until boiling and then pour slowly into the cups. Traditional Turkish coffee does not include milk, but add steamed milk and select spices to make it your own.
Add brewed Javatino coffee to your pie filling (see recipes below) before pouring into the crust and baking, to enjoy a delicious coffee lovers’ boost to Thanksgiving favorites.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Pie Filling
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ Javatino Pumpkin Spice brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Coffee Pecan Pie Filling
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup Javatino dark brewed coffee, such as Cuba Joe’s Espresso
- 1-½ cup pecans
Spreading Comfort and Kindness
Just because Thanksgiving may be low key this year, the need to reach out and connect has never been greater. Consider reconnecting with family, friends and the local community through socially distanced activities and simple acts of kindness. Try the following and reap the feel-good benefits of helping others.
- Send a handwritten note to a family member or friend who are isolated alone at home.
- Deliver a home-baked treat and include the recipe.
- Provide a Thanksgiving meal to a service member, healthcare worker or first responder and their family.
- Light up a neighbor’s face by offering to decorate their home with holiday lights.
- Take in the Florida Fall weather and do some outdoor holiday shopping at local farmers markets.
- Help out the community by donating your time or money to a food bank or charity organization.
For Javatino, every day is Small Business Day. As Orlando’s original Certified Organic artisan coffee roaster, we are grateful to our local vendors who feature Javatino coffee and other artisan and organic products. When you purchase items at a locally owned business, more money is kept in the local community. Small business Saturday falls on Saturday, November 28. Shop local…shop Javatino! Wishing you and yours a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!